Evergreen Park Trail Master Plan
REDESIGN FOR YOUTH, FAMILIES, AND ALL TRAIL USERS
What is the goal?
Sheboygan County Cycling has partnered with the City of Sheboygan to improve the trail experience at Evergreen and Quarry Parks. To accomplish this, we have entered a contract with the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) to create a master plan for the park.
SCC wants your help in deciding the direction of the bike and multiuse trails within the park. Learn more about the project by following the storyboard link above and tell us what is most important to you in our survey! (Open January 2nd, 2024)
Evergreen and Quarry Park. 3030 Calumet DrSheboygan, WI 53083
Evergreen and Quarry Park in Sheboygan have a vibrant history dating back to the 90s! Evergreen Park and the local trail association of the time, Fatkats hosted WORS races for many years seeing hundreds to thousands of racers per event. The single-track trails existing in the park today were handbuild by volunteers for those races and local riders to enjoy.
- Oct 2019 – Carl Martens ( 3rd from the right) of Aventuron presented & fundraised the original idea to rebuild Evergreen Park at an Active8 Soup Event! At this same event, A young girl by the name of Aubrey (2nd from the right) presented the idea of a bike playground. This idea is now a part of the project! See the links below to read more and see photos from the event, and read Aubrey’s speech.
- Fall 2020 – IMBA contracted with Carl and City of Sheboygan to create the feasibility report you see at the top of the page.
- Spring 2022 – SCC partnered with the city to fundraise for the complete park concept plan.
- Summer 2022 – A wind storm hit the park taking down hundreds of trees on the bike trails, hiking trails, and disc golf course. Volunteers donated over 100 hours to clear the trails of fallen trees and debris. We couldn’t have done it without our community’s amazing support!
- August 2023 – SCC fully funded the planning proposal.
- Oct 2023 – IMBA on site to perform a trail-by-trail assessment.
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this project throughout the process. Sheboygan County Cycling is honored to continue this project!
What is next?
- Survey and public feedback live January 2nd to January 16th! See the link below.
- In person meeting January 24th
- SCC to begin fundraising for the trail improvements once the master plan is complete. Stay tuned for information on how to support the project.
- SCC Is looking for motivated individuals to join our subcommittees! Join one today and help make a difference! We are actively seeking members for our fundraising, communications, trails, and events sub-committees. Follow the link below to learn how to get involved.
- Rebuild trails & build new trails!
This phase of the project was made possible thanks to the financial support of many companies and local grants. Thank you to everyone who supported our project in 2023!
- City of Sheboygan Department of Public Works
- Visit Sheboygan
- Sheboygan County Stewardship Foundation
- Aliant Energy
- Paradigm Coffee & Music
- 8th Street Ale Haus
- Wolf Cycle & Fitness
- Trek Sheboygan
- Rockline Industries
- Thomas by Ingersoll Rand
- Green Bicycle Co
- Weather Center Cafe
- Countless members and individuals supporters!